Friday, June 09, 2006

Snakes

Saw the funniest sight yesterday while driving down Mt. Baker Hwy. Right past the gas station corner by Sunset Square I saw this guy on the side walk and it looked like he had some kind of brown spotted stole across his back but then I thought it looked like a python. I thought, "No way, that guy does not have a snake on him" but in fact as I slowed down to pass him he really was wearing a VERY big snake. Was probably about an 8-10 foot snalke from tip to tip because down around his waist the tail was curled and resting on his hand and arm and then up over his Right shoulder and sticking out aways in the front was it's head. I was watching it in my rear view mirror and the snake had it's head sticking out horizontal from the guys hand (he was suppoting it about a foot back against his shoulder)and it looked like it was really having a great time. It was bobbing it's head a little and just looking very pleased with this little adventure. Now I am not a snake sort of person but this really made me laugh and I would have loved to talk to the owner because it made me wonder about snakes. Do they really have personalityies? How do you tell if a snake it happy vs. mad or annoyed? Can snakes be affectionate? So many things I dont know....

3 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, June 11, 2006 , Blogger hopeful said...

Can snakes be affectionate? Hmmm. Now you have ME wondering.

 
At 8:00 AM, June 12, 2006 , Blogger Crystal said...

I wish someone would enlighten me here on this little issue of snakes! Oh well I guess I'll go on wondering.

 
At 6:11 PM, June 14, 2006 , Blogger hopeful said...

There is probably a society of snake owners somewhere. You might try looking around the WWW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home