Friday, March 10, 2006

Indoor Skiing

I learned something this morning that I didn't even know I didn't know...Has it ever occured to any of you to think of skiiing indoors? Well for sure it never even crossed my mind but low and behold here is an article about a new indoor ski slope facility that you are building in Dubai in the Mall of the Emirates. As it turns out I did a quick search on indoor ski slopes and there are at least a dozen or more around the world. Several in England and New Zealand alone. I guess maybe for those people who live where ice skating is done mostly outdoors indoor rinks might seem as crazy. Living so near the mountains I just find it hard to imagine skiing in a building and even more so skiing in a mall! Truth be told were I to go visit the area though I would probably want to try it out. How about you? You interested in skiing in the mall???

4 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, March 11, 2006 , Blogger hopeful said...

That is interesting! Since I am not interested in skiing at all, no I am not interested in skiing in a mall. I don't know how I would feel about it if I liked to ski!

Wouldn't that have to be a, well, rather BIG mall?

 
At 8:04 AM, March 18, 2006 , Blogger Kristi said...

It sounds like so much fun!!!

 
At 3:49 PM, March 20, 2006 , Blogger Balvanz said...

That so totally sounds fun! If you ever try it, let us know how it is! :)

 
At 7:28 AM, March 30, 2006 , Blogger Crystal said...

I will for sure let you know how it is if I ever go indoor skiing. Not sure that it's in my future but ones never knows!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home