Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Exciting day!

Just wanted to report that Tut-tut is doing well and recovering nicely. He is back to jumping on everything and going after Cleo (the other old cat I have!) so I know he is feeling better.
Today was a pretty tiring but exciting day for me and one that I have been waiting for for a very long time. One of my long time goals has been to try taking voice lessons but till now have had no opportunity and also have been too scared to persue it. Of late I have been thinking it was time to work on that and make that dream a reality but had not clue how to do that. Through the kindness of some friends who have a voice teacher in Canada and were willing to take me there and introduce me it looks like it will happen!!! I spent the day there, feeling like a sponge absorbing everything I could (my brain feels like mush at the moment) and I even had a short little lesson of sorts which was pretty exciting. I will actually start taking lessons next week and will hopefully continue until the end of Sept. when the teacher will be leaving for the UK for a year. I was and am a bit nervous but really excited as well and hope that by Sept. I will have a good foundation to keep me going while he is gone. I learned so much and can't wait to get started. I am so thankful to Ethan for suggesting that I talk to Johanna about going up because I would have never thought of suggesting it myself. Time will tell how well I do but I was very impressed with the teacher and I loved he straight up style...no beating around bush with him and he has a great sense of humor. Both qualities that I work well with. Not sure how I will do skating, voice and Toastmasters all at once but these are all things on my "To do before I get old" list and they are all thing I really want to do so I will make it work! Anyway, I know this wasn't probably nearly as exciting for you as it it for me but I had to share!

4 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, April 07, 2005 , Blogger Kristi said...

Voice, skating, and toastmasters?!
That's awesome! Do write what toastmasters is like-after you've done it for a while that is. I have heard about it-thought it sounded really benificial and interesting!
BTW, it was great singing with you in choir. That was a fun night, wasn't it?
Take care-and great blog!

 
At 5:38 PM, April 07, 2005 , Blogger Crystal said...

Kristi,
I will be happy to tell you all about toastmasters after a while. I won't be able to do it every week until summer comes but I am hoping soon to get to it every other week or sometime to that effect. I went to one meeting already and fell in love with it from the start. I really enjoy public speaking and so for it's a way to do something I enjoy and yet improve along the way. Just because I like it doesn't mean I always do it well!! Anyway there are many levels to it and I don't wuite understand all the details yet but I will!
I agree...it was really fun singing with you too the other night. I really enjoyed getting to know you a little better at DQ. I haven't had time to really read through your blog completely but what I did read was pretty interesting! Hope to see you sometime before October!

 
At 10:23 AM, April 08, 2005 , Blogger Rebekah said...

Crystal, I can't get over you! You are absolutely amazing! How do you do it? You must be the busyiest woman on the face of the earth...(okay, I'm exagerating)

I was just counting up all the things I know you to be involved with--only the stuff I'm currently aware of mind. Its just unbelievable. Yeah.

 
At 12:39 PM, April 08, 2005 , Blogger Crystal said...

Oh come now...I am not that busy! I guess I like to have my fingers in lots of different pots and I tend to work best under deadlines and a certain amount of urgency. I have learned to say no and it'a all about choices! It helps that I don't have too many family responsibilities except for Nicki and my animals. I figure I had better do these things now in case I ever have kids or a husband who need me at home more because at this point I am not there too much! Seriously I can't really ever remember not doing a million things and some days I am really tired to be quite honest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home