Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas Everyone

I know I haven't been to good at posting anything interesting lately but its not because I haven't been thinking of all you or not doing anything interesting!
I made a decision this year to not worry about buying christmas gifts since I am going to Hawaii in a few weeks and I know I'll see things there that I want to buy things. Saving my money till then! That has made this holiday season stress free. I went to the Lights of Christmas display in Stanwood, went to the Holiday ice show at the skating rink, I baked holiday cookies with some kids I baby-sit for, watched christmas movies, listened to tons of Christmas music, went to three holiday "parties", organized one for my residents at Birchwood manor and just generally enjoyed the mood of the season without the stress. I have seen things I wanted to get for people but have refrained. (I had better see some pretty good stuff in Hawaii though or I am going to be really dissapointed!) Many nights that I have worked there have been carolers come through the nursing home and I always sing along! It's definetly fun. I feel a little bad that I didn't get cards sent out but I can't to everything so those will have to wait till next year I guess.

I have done a little shopping for the cruise and yesterday I found a wonderful two piece formal outfit in lavender at Lables for under $15! I wanted something Hawaii worthy...the black and long sleeves that I wore for a fall cruise to Alaska just wouldn't work this time! Just needs a little alteration and it will be perfect!

Other than that I have just worked, worked, slept and worked some more! I am going to be changing directions in the new year and probably going back to school, moving on to a new job and maybe working on a book. More about those things as they develop.
In the mean time I want to wish all of you a very blessed and wonderful Christmas.

All you local people, I have the 26th and the 2nd off so let's plan on doing something! Hint, hint!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home