Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's finally here!

It seems that spring or summer whichever you choose has finally arrived! I was whinning yesterday because it was getting a bit on the hot side and felt like such a baby until I realized that basically in one day we had a 20 degree temperature change. I didn't feel so much like a baby after that and felt quite justified in whinning!!! LOL Was interesting to notice that the air got remarkable softer all of a sudden as the temps rose. With the humidity it almost reminded me of Hawaii even though it didn't smell as nice.
Today was just a bit hot for my taste and I hope this is not a preview of what our summer is going to be like. On the other hand hot weather means hiking, camping, more hiking and more camping which I totally plan on doing this summer. Still am not decided about doing school this summer but am learning towards just working and playing with no homework!
Wish I had more interesting things to talk about besides the weather but alas my days are varied between class at Whatcom, class at Western, tutoring at Whatcom and spending time at my other job. On any given day I do at least 3 of those activities and then the next day I do it all over again. M/W it's WCC class/tutoring/work/WCC tutoring. T/TH it's WCC class/tutoring/WWU class/either dance class or work depending on if it's T or TH. Fridays after I get off work about 9am are my days to sometimes tutor, run errands, clean at home or any number of things I can't get to the other days. Then come Sat. its pick up the kids (my sudo neice and nephew that have been coming to church with me everweek) for church and then have most of the day until I go to work between 6 and 8:30pm. I get off about 9am sunday morning just in time to either meet one of my students for a tutoring session, hit a few garage sales or get home to get things down before it starts all over again. Once in a while I can sneek in a little time with friends but it seems that everyone else is busy too and hardly ever see anyone. Oh well that is life in the fast lane I guess.

Since I last posted there have been fun things like the Spring Messiah concerts, my mom and I helped with a wedding, I auditioned for a choir that will be preforming this summer and got in (will be singing Beethoven's ninth symphony in German with an orchastra so I am pretty excited!), and my mom and I went to the N. part of the OR coast for a few days during my spring break which was a ton of fun. I totally want to go back there. Anyone interested in a road trip with me this summer????? There is at least one park I want to go hiking in and I would love to stay at the old fort on the Columbia where Lewis and Clark first stopped. It is now a state park and they rent out cabins there.

Right now my gramma and uncle are visiting and while it's kind of stressful everyone is getting along ok so that is a blessing because it's not always the case when they are together and my uncle is involved. We will be taking my uncle back to Port Angeles either Sunday or Monday but my gramma will be staying until Weds. It is nice to see them both and I hope and pray that the rest of the visit continues to be pleasent.

well enough boring information...I'll try and find something interesting to post about very soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home