Friday, August 03, 2007

Anyone for a hike?

Hey just thought I would mention that I am going on a short backpacking trip next weekend (the 10-12th) over to the Olympic Mts. (to the Col. Bob Wilderness area) with the goal of hiking in about 3 miles, setting up camp on Friday evening, spending Sat. hiking around and then getting up about 2am on Sunday morning to watch the Persides Meteor shower, then hiking back out and coming home on Sunday. Right now it looks like it will be Nicki and I and another teenage boy friend of ours and I would love more company if any of you are interested in coming. I have the water fiter, tent, stove, dishes, etc. so you would just need the basics like sleeping bag, back pack, etc. and a good sense of adventure! (Whatever you don't have is rentable by the way as well) There will be a smallish (probably 20-30) group of other people up there for the same purpose but most of them aren't coming in until later on Sat. so for the first night I don't expect to many people. If you think you might be interested, send me an e-mail for more details! The more the merrier!

PS: the whole thing is weather dependant because I am not going to drive all that way if it's cloudy. In that event we'll just go somewhere closer and forget about the meteor shower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home