Thursday, January 07, 2010

Welcome to 2010

Wow! I don't know about all of you but I am having trouble adjusting to 2010. I keep writting 2009 and then I have to errase the 9 and slip a 1 in front of the 0! I generally don't have this much trouble with a new year but I think after writting 0- for the last 10 years I set in my ways. This has caused me to start thing about other things that I might be set in my ways in, both good and bad. How much stuff do I hang on to because it's comfortable? How many things do I need to deal with and I don't because it's stuff that I don't want to face or I don't want to have to deal with right now because I am to busy doing other things? How comfortable am I with my living situation, my roles in certain groups, etc.? The answers to these questions have been running through my mind the last week or so and I must say some of the answers are disturbing and other answers have spurred me to action. I have gotten things moved around and out of my room, I have gotten my storage containers in my storage unit more organized, I am committing to keeping a daily journal and I am committing to taking care of things as soon as they need to be done. So far so good but it has only been about a week. I can usually write in a journal for about 2 weeks and then I quit. This time I am not going to let that happen. I love to write but I get too detailed and I stay up too late and I am tired when I go to bed, so one night I don't write and the downhill slide begins. This time around I am changing things, I have a journal that asks specific questions and it is a prayer and blessing journal so it somehow feels less like I have to give all the details and so far, so good!
As I go into this year I somehow feel it is going to be a year of many changes and I don't know exactly what I should be ready for but yet I can rest knowing that all things work together for good to them that love the Lord. I have already seen His hand at work and I look forward to seeing what is around the corner as I make the commitment to staying on track and doing what lies nearest, when it needs to be done and not a second later!
I know for a lot of us, FB sort of swallowed us and blogs have fallen by the wayside, but regardless of how might read this I am back and I am excited about sharing the adventures of this new year with anyone who happens by!
Happy 2010 to one and all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home