Sunday, April 10, 2005

Updates

This blog is a work in progress and the latest developments include links! I finally figured out (with a bit of help!) how to edit the links and get them to actually work. I learned a little something along the way through this process so it was good that I had to struggle through it. As I was trying to understand what I had done wrong and figure out the elementary lines of code I realized that there was one link I actually had entered correctly but I had not entered the second half which was the name that would show up on the page. When that was fixed of course it worked. As I was reflecting on this small detail that made the difference it struck me how like our spiritual lives this is. Just because we are sure that we have entered the link correctly doesn't really matter if the effect is not visible to the outside world. We can say that we have a connection with Christ but if those around us can not tell by the way we live maybe we only have half the code and there is still an important work to be done. As Paul once said, " Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: [Forasmuch as ye are] manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart." 2Corinthians 3:2&3 I have also added some new photos to my webshots page so be feel free to check those out if you have the time or desire. The other links I added were for my on-line portfolios that I have which highlight my mission, vision values, educational information, resume, that sort of thing. I set them up mainly for prospective employers and job related things so you may find parts of the really boring if you check them out but then again you might learn something new about me...who knows!

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, April 11, 2005 , Blogger Kristi said...

lol...I had difficulty figuring out the link thing as well! Speaking of which, I just linked you to mine!
Yes, I would love to get together with you sometime and hear your hospital story! This week is crazy...but something will work out eventually I'm sure :)

 
At 8:22 PM, April 11, 2005 , Blogger Crystal said...

It's nice to be connected Kristy!

I agree with you this week is not good but let's touch base after this week is over and see how things are looking. It's a medical story but even more it's a "Praise God, He was with me all the way." story. A coma and closed head injury completely changed me life and you can thank those double brain abcesses for the fact that you even get to know me to day because if not for that illness I would probably be a horse trainer or an overseas teacher or who knows what, certainly not still around here working with senior citizens and getting to know all of you!

I don't know what your shedule is like but mine is somewhat flexible so I am sure something will work out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home