Sunday, April 10, 2005

Please Pray

The following letter came today from a family friend who's son, an old childhood playmate of mine, is serving in Iraq. Any prayers that you feel impressed to offer would be most appreciated. Dear Family & Friends,

This morning a car bomb went off 25 feet from the vehicle Dustin was riding in. The explosion could be seen for a mile. He was riding in the hatch of the Stryker completely exposed from the waist up when the bomb went off. He has first and second degree burns on his face and his wrist. He called us around 11:30 this morning our time. He sounded ok when I answered the phone, but I asked him anyway, he lied and said he was, then he immediately asked for Chuck, I knew something was up. He talked to me after he had explained what had happened to Chuck, so Chuck would be prepared to handle the hysterical mom when he told me. He said when it first happened he felt like he was on fire, so he dropped down into the Stryker and started patting himself to put the fire out, but then he realized he wasn't on fire. He started checking himself over to make sure nothing was missing, like feet, arms, etc. Then he started looking for blood and realized he was ok. He didn't know he had been burned on his face yet. He went back up into the hatch and a few minutes later his face started blistering, so he dropped back down to get first aid before heading back to the base for medical treatment. The other soldier that was in the hatch just got a little pink on his neck and was fine. It was a miracle that they were not both killed. Once again all of our prayers are being answered.

This morning during my prayer time (about 6:00) I felt impressed to read Isaiah 43:2.
I felt like something was going to or had happened to Dustin. The Lord gave me peace and once again I committed him into the Lord's keeping. After we talked to Dustin I remembered what verse I had read this morning. I now know Dustin's angel has been very busy this week keeping him alive.

"...when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon you."

Dustin will be receiving a Purple Heart because of his injuries and this also assures him of his request for leave in June.

Please pray for his healing and protection as he will be out patrolling again in a few days.

He said his two friends that were injured last week, that I wrote you about, are both in Germany. The one (Joe) is still in a coma and the LT (Scotty) is doing much better, he is starting to see shapes and light with his right eye. Please continue to keep them and their families in your prayers.

Thank you again for your support and prayers, we appreciate all of you so much.

Love,
Alta

3 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, April 11, 2005 , Blogger Rebekah said...

I can't imagine what it must be like to have a family member in Iraq. I'm praying that Nathan stays in Germany--but at the same time I know it would be an honor for him to serve his country. And also that God will protect Nathan no matter where he is--along with all of the rest of His children across the sea.

 
At 8:32 AM, April 12, 2005 , Blogger Justin C. said...

This person and the family will be in my prayers. I wish him a speedy and safe journey home.

 
At 10:15 AM, April 12, 2005 , Blogger Crystal said...

Thank you Conservation terms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home