Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Silly Christmas Song

So this song has become my favorite silly Christmas song, (aside from Six White Boomers) and wonder of wonders someone set their house lights to it and posted it on youtube for all to enjoy! Well ok so maybe it's not that exciting but I love songs that are clever with words and this one fits in a silly sort of way. Click on this link to see and hear I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas It was recorded in 1953 and actually became the theme song for a zoo that was trying to purchase a Hippo around the same time!
Hope it puts a smile on your face as it does mine everytime I hear it.

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, December 29, 2006 , Blogger Balvanz said...

Oh, that is a funny song!! I had never heard it before...I like the various renditions of "Jingle Bells." There are some pretty cute ones. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home