Friday, October 27, 2006

Reviews

Greetings my dear readers. Miss B. here with your week review of entertainment, food and beverages.

First of all the entertainment portion of this review:
Andre Riue 2006 Vancouver concert was incredible!!! The music was fabulous, the staging was good, the members of the orchestra were fun to watch. (Not to mention the percussionist who was not too hard on the eyes. Watched him well through my binoculars...oh wait! I didn't just confess to that did I?)There was much audience participation. We clapped, we sang along, we were in awe at the talent presented, there was dancing in the aisles and by the end we were sad to see it end. It was sort of like Christmas, you prepare for it, spend more money than you normally might on one day, then it comes and goes so quickly that before you know it you are planning for next year already. I believe this will definitely become a yearly event for me. In the meantime I just bought a great DVD set of many of his concerts on e-bay so I will be able to at least get a little Andre fix from time to time! Feel free to come and join me anytime! Music is best when its shared and for this concert I was blessed to have friends, new and old and family accompanying me.

Moving on to food and drink we begin our review in Vancouver,BC.
As always La Casa Gelato never failed to impress me with their variety of flavors. They pride themselves on having 218 flavors of ice creams (gelatos) and sorbetes (sorbettoes). The great fun of going there is that you can walk around and try little samples of different flavors before you have to make up your mind. I am continuing to grow my selection of cute little colored spoons each time I go. This time the most unusual flavor I sampled was mushroom. In the past I have tried alovera, garlic, vegemite, advocado, rosemary grapefruit, raspberry, etc. This time I also sampled basil, peanut butter and a few others. The flavor that won out was White Chocolate/Hazelnut. If we ever find ourselves in vancouver together I would love to share this little gem of the city with you.

Next we move on to more balanced meal options. We found ourselves seated in Hon's Won Ton House in China town browsing a very large menu. Right away we noticed that the prices were reasonable. The servers were pleasant and offered very constructive advice to poor white folk who tried to load up their table with plates of the same thing without even realizing it. The portions were large, the food was very good, prepared within sight of the tables and there was a steady stream of customers coming and going. The only down side was that it was cold when we first sat down but the thermostat was adjusted and hot tea brought so soon it was hardly noticeable.

Coming closer to home:
Pumpkin Pie syrup is in at Woods Coffee House in Lynden! Now is the time to finish off your day with a refreshing pumpkin pie italian soda or even mix it with white chocolate syrup as I did this evening for an even more tantilizing beverage. if you are the coffee drinking sort I suppose it might even be good in coffee. But in coffee you would miss the subtle smoothness that the cream and whipped cream gives the pumpkin pie flavor of the soda.

There you have it friends, ice creams, asian food, music and fall spiced beverages. Till next time, live, explore and be willing to try new things. You never know what treasures you might encounter.
Signing off,
Miss B

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, October 28, 2006 , Blogger Balvanz said...

You sure make it around, Miss Bee!! Pumpkin pie syrup at Woods? I would try it if I liked pumpkin pie...

 
At 8:09 PM, November 10, 2006 , Blogger Balvanz said...

My Dear Miss B!!! I am anxiously awaiting your next installment!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home