Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Holidays

My heart is overflowing with thankfulness as I look back on many recent events. Not the least of which is the fact that I get to spend time with family, both new and old. We were able to spend 3 days with my maternal gramma and step grampa and now are spending another three days with my paternal grampa and step gramma. I am afraid I will be waddeling back home with all the food we are being fed! By the time we leave we will have had three thanksgiving dinners! I have learned a few new games and last night as some of us woman sat around the table playing a new game I as struck with the beauty of being surrounded by new family, a gramma, an aunt and a cousin all of which I have been blessed with since my grampa remarried. This was the first time we have actually gotten to spend much time with them and I love them already. We had a wonderful meal complete with collard greens, sweet potato pie and all the regular trimmings. We are a multicultural group and while I miss my original gramma I know she would be happy at how things have turned out if she couldn't be with us and that makes me smile. I have a few pics to share when we return home but until then, all the best to you and yours. Oh and the Christmas season has officially started for me now that Thanksgiving is over, Hurray! I am so excited to attend ligh shows, holiday plays and list to christmas music till I am sick of it! If any of you share my love of holiday events let me know and let's plan on seeing what to be seen in the community!
Grammpa is heading off for a walk to the store and for sure I need the excersise so ta ta my dears. More later upon my return home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home