Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Movie Reflections

So I finally watched "The Prince and I" last night after having wanted to see it for a long time Basically for those of you who haven't seen it it is about a prince from Denmark who is tired of being a prince and convinces his parents to let him come to school in the American Midwest incognieto. So he comes, falls in love with a very focused, outspoken med-school bound girl, she goes to Denmark after him after he has to suddenly return and take the throne because his father is ill and...well I can't tell you the end.
So anyway I am sure you can already tell why I wanted to see it but after it was over I had to laugh because there were some great similarities between Paige and I. For example she was med school bound, afraid of "falling in love" and loosing her dream, but even when she did fall in love she never lost it. She was very outspoken, stubborn and stood her ground but she had a big heart and you got to see glimpes of it from time to time. On the other hand she worked on the campus pub which isn't my employment of choice and she was content to let her brothers do the racing in the lawnmower derby but I am afraid that I would not be nearly as content as she was to sit in the stands and cheer! Oh and you wouldn't find me making out in the "Stacks" (the top floor of the library) but thank goodness the reporters show up at that moment and everyone stays dressed!
So aside from the pub and making out scenes I just had to laugh at how much this movie described me at the moment. I just hope I have the same detication to me dream that she did and that one day I will be able to see it through to completion.

It is a total chick flick but I enjoyed it!

4 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, January 05, 2007 , Blogger Kristi said...

I watched that movie a while ago, but I can't remember what happens because I fell asleep. :(
I bet she marries the prince after med school and together they go all around the world and while he meets with other kings and queens she is in the jungles and hospitals taking care of the people....and the lived happily ever after.....

 
At 8:23 PM, January 07, 2007 , Blogger Crystal said...

Well not eactly! You were on the right track but it wasn't completely right! maybe you should just come over and watch it before you go back to school. :-)

 
At 6:29 AM, January 08, 2007 , Blogger Ruth said...

She MIGHT marry the prince in the movie (unlikely), but whatever the case, her royal connections help her further her career in med school, and eventually she and he set out to change the world; she by medicine and he by politics. That's my guess. LOL, sorry, I've always been a little cynical of movies, especially of that genre :P
It was great to finally meet you too, although by the time we did, I felt like I knew you already :)

 
At 1:18 PM, January 16, 2007 , Blogger Crystal said...

Well Ruth you are sort of right. I hate to spoil it for you but since I doubt you will watch this movie she does not marry the prince. She goes over to see him and is engaged to marry but realizes that to marry him would be to turn her back on her dream of becoming a doctor and so after he is crowned king she leaves and comes back to the states for school. She finishes school and then like all good Cinderella stories he comes and shows up at graduation. Then it ends and leaves room for the sequel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home