Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Crazy life

Well I thought I had better say something one of these days or people might stop visiting thinking and that would be dreadful!

So anyway life goes one from one interesting development to the next. Where shall I start...ok actually my life isn't all that exciting but it's never fails to amuse me so I guess that is good!
Work: well now that is an interesting topic. I certainly never thought that when I started working at a "christian" establishment that I would find myself at odds with the management and ultimately being forced out of my job over my beliefs but alas the unthinkable has happened. I haven't actually been fired but I was offered a different job and a pay reductions because the new supervisor I have won't stick to the agreement that I had with the previous supervisor. After 6 months of fighting with them and the last month of serious game playing that I finally put a stop to the end of the month is my deadline to either change my mind or step out of my current position. It's not like the other job they have offered me is bad but it does pay less and I am not exactly thrilled at the idea of taking a pay cut because they feel like it and want to play games. In short it's been a nightmare that I am seriously glad is almost over. There are some wonderful people where I work but I am pretty done with all the politics and the petty back bitting and fault finding so I am job hunting at the moment which is proving interesting. If I am not supposed to be there any longer then I know the Lord has just the right job for me. If nothing opens up then I will stay a bit longer in the other position and see what comes open elsewhere in the future. They have posted my job in the paper which seems a little strange to see it while I job search but whatever...life goes on!

Geocaching: Ok now this is the really fun thing I have taken up in the last couple of weeks and it has proved even more fun that I thought it would be. A dear friend out of the blue loaned me his GPS unit so now I don't have to just go with my friend who got me into I can go by my self and find treasures whenever I please! I have registered on the geocaching site so I am actually official and I have 21 or 22 finds logged so far! What is even funnier is that I have been almost on the door steps of friends hunting caches and they don't even know they are there...Reimers if you ever get bored then is one hiding quietly right in the cemetery by your house! I found a few in BC this last weekend and while hunting in another cemetery (there is a series of them at 28 little cemeteries around the county) I came upon the first 3 whole outhouse I have ever seen...you just never know what old treasures await you as you hunt! LOL I also picked up a travel bug (A big plastic bug with a dog tag and a destination goal that has been placed in caches and then you pick it up and log its location and take it to another place, hopefully in the direction of it's destination) that started out in OR, came up to BC and it now wanting to head back to somewhere warm! There is a series that just was placed at the local libraries and I have 4 of the 7 of those found but I still have a few to go. If you at all like riddles or treasure hunting this can easily grow on you. So anyway when I am not at work, home studying or doing actually nesecary things you can bet that I am either out hunting or planning my next caching expedition!

School is going great. I am taking Chem and nutrition which is really fun. The lab this quarter are quite different than the last two quarters and I am finding them a little frusterating but it's getting better and I still love the class!

Yeah Spring is here and so are hiking and caching opportunities! I can't wait for things to get a little warmer and drier so I can start to hit some of the caches that are out on trails and in the hills. I didn't get out hardly at all last summer and that will not happen again so if any of you are up to spending time out doors with me please let me know because I would love your company.

Well so I am sure that is enough boring info for the moment. Till next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home