Friday, April 06, 2007

Blessing

This evening my beloved cat, Tut Tut, the one I have had since he was 5 days old, ran outside at dusk and was eating some grass before I came close enough to catch him. He did the usual run as I got close for a couple of min. and then he kind of laid down in the grass and I was able to grab him. He was wiggly on the way back to the house but I didn't think anything of it. I got inside and put him down only to be shocked in the next instant as he was falling over and slightly convulsing. My first thought was that I had somehow injured him in carrying him in I didn't know what I could have done to him. I grabbed him and was trying to get him to throw up or at least stand and it really looked like he was choking on something. I picked him up and he was literally dying in my arms, his tounge was gray and his paws were grabbing at his face, he was slobering a little and his eyes were closing. I then thought maybe he had eating something poisinous but there isn't really anything out there and we haven't sprayed any chemicals so that didn't seem to fit either. I put him back on the floor and held him up while prying his mouth open and plunging my finger repeatedly down this throat. This caused him to seem like he was going to throw up but he never did. He was still not doing well and I was still poking away down his throat to see if I could feel anything but nothing seemed there, though he finally did swallow. Mom grabbed her purse and shoes and call the emergency clinic to find out where they were and we headed out. By the time we got into the car though he seemed a little better and so we just drove slowly a little ways down the road before turning around and heading home. He is fine now, came home and ate and wanted to purr and snuggle. I think he ate too much long grass too fast and he was choking on it literally. By shoving my finger down his throat it made him swallow and there wasn't too much of it to finally go down. We prayed and I am so thankful our prayers were answered quickly before we ended up paying a lot of money at the vet only to be told he has grass in the throat! What a goofy cat! 2 Aprils ago he had to have his stomache operated on because of yarn he ate and now this April it's grass. What next???? On second thought I don't want to know!

1 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, April 08, 2007 , Blogger Balvanz said...

Oh my, your poor cat!! I am so glad that he is alright!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home