Sunday, April 01, 2007

Red Letter Day

Wow! This was definetly the best day of my spring break!
In the morning I finally purchased an Ipod from a well known auction site and I got a better deal than the one I had been bidding on before. (read previous post about that) I know this isn't probably very exciting for most of you but I was pretty excited because I have been researching and thinking about them for a while now and now I will finally have one to play with. I hope it's all I think it will be!
In the afternoon was our second choir concert which went very well and I got to connect with some friends that I haven't seen for a few months which was awesome. I am going to work on seeing people more often...your help in this regard would be most appreciated by the way. Don't let me get so focused and caught up in work and school that I miss out on seeing people besides co-workers and classmates!
Then this evening I got to go geocaching with a friend for the first time. It was truely as much fun as I thought it would be. It was really cold but it didn't rain or snow on us so all was well. (Geocaching is solving clues and puzzles to get coordinates that you put into a GPS device and then you got to the certain areas and look for the hidden treasure that are there. We were actually working on solving a series of micro caches, just little tiny tubes or boxes which don't really have treasure but you do sign a little log and then note on your geocaching account log on-line that you have been there and found the cache. Basically it's treasure hunting with a technological twist.) So anyway Monique had solved most of the math and clues already so all we had to do was go to the sites and hunt. We went to 6 sites around Lynden and found what we were after at 3 of them. Well she found the first one and then I was on the right track for the second one but she actually physically found it and then the last one she kind of had a hunch where it was and sure enough it was there. She has been at this for awhile so she knows more what she is looking for. This particular cache is a series of 7 all having to do with Lynden bridges and the hidder is pretty sneaky! This is a hunt that will be continued! I will be heading back to the sites where we weren't successful because at least for one of them we think we know where it is but we needed a pair of pliers to find it! Definetly addicting I look forward to going again with her sometime.

5 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, April 05, 2007 , Blogger Jeff said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:52 AM, April 05, 2007 , Blogger Balvanz said...

An iPod? How exciting!! May I ask how many GB it is? I have an iPod Nano...so it is 1 GB--that's the smallest they make them but so far it's proved more than sufficient. Have fun rockin' around. =)

 
At 3:47 PM, April 05, 2007 , Blogger Crystal said...

Yes Abbie you may ask...the real question is wether or not I will tell you! LOL It is a 60 GB. I will probably never use it's entire capactiy but it is a video photo Ipod which is why I decided to go for the large memory size (aside from the fact that I bought it used and so I was able to get a 60 for quite a bit less than a 30 would cost me new). I plan on using it for back-up photo storage like when I go on a trip, rather than having to rely on finding a Walmart when my memory cards fill up I can just download them to my Ipod and worry about them later when I get home. I am also really excited about getting pod casts. I have already started down loading them so that when it gets here in a few days I will be ready to go sync and go once I figure out how to use it! Actually the music is kind of my last reason for buying the dear little thing, humm...maybe I should name it??? What do you think? any suggestions...anyway I have a tape player in the truck and can play CD's on my computer at home but I don't have a CD player and haven't had one for a while so I am just not used to have having my CD music available to me beyond my home so this should be interesting to see how much I actually use it for music rather than pod casts and other stuff.

 
At 3:48 PM, April 05, 2007 , Blogger Crystal said...

Jeff come back and visit again sometime!

 
At 5:38 PM, April 05, 2007 , Blogger Balvanz said...

Lol Crystal...I had accidentally left a comment when I was logged in on my brother's account. (His name is Jeff, and he has a private blog.) I forgot to sign in with my name before commenting. =)

Wow--60 GB is awesome!! That will be so fun! I am thinking of a name...your iPod is totally deserving of a name!! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home