Friday, February 16, 2007

Valentines day belated thoughts



I kind of have a love hate relationship with Valentines day if the truth were known. I used to share the annoyed, single woman's view, "just a stupid holiday to make me feel bad because I am home alone" but today I find it frusterating for another reason. I love all the hearts and flowers and I would send all my friends and family something red and sweet if I could but alas it's too close to Christmas and just always sneaks up on me. This year was no exception. I had plans and thoughts of sending come flowers and trying to get cards, even e-cards out to people, but when the day finally arrived I was working, was tired and had no time. And so another valentines day has come and gone and I didn't get a note out to everyone like I had planned. I did get one thing done though and had lots of fun with it along the way so it wasn't a completely missed day for me. I have chemistry class on Tues. and Thurs. so I made cookies for my class as seen below, with a chemisty theme of course! The writting on them is chemical formulas, equations and symbles. They seemed to enjoy them.

So no I didn't get any flowers or candy but that was ok. I worked all day, came home, ate dinner and fell asleep with the cats by 8pm. Good thing I didn't have plans for the night, I might have fallen asleep in my plate!

I did think of all my friends and I hope you had something happen to you during the day that told you you were loved by someone special to you. Love is such a many splendered thing! It truely is. To say "I love you" is looked up as so scary and something you wouldn't say to many people but yet the Lord says that He loves us all. And we are to love our enemies, and we love our pets, and our parents and our lovers. What is a lover anyway? Someone that we love or someone that loves us? Ah so many uses for the same word and yet what does it really mean to love??????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home