Sunday, April 24, 2005

Fast Weekend

I can't believe it's already Sunday night. The weekend is almost over and yet it seems like it just started. I haven't had such a busy weekend in a long time but it was fun and felt worth every minute.
On Friday I left work a little early to run some work related errands before 5. I also needed to run by the post office on my way out of town headed for Lynden where I was scheduled to be at 5:30 to help out at something at the fair grounds. Anyway a whole series of events put me in the post office later than I had planned but the reason became clear while I was filling out a form. I became aware of a very frusterated, lost lady talking to a guy next to me. She was trying to figure out how to get to an assisted living home where her uncle lived but she didn't have the name of the facility. Since I am familier with the names of almost all the local facilities I joined the conversation and we quickly figuered out where she needed to go. She was too frusterated to understand any more directions so I offered to lead her here. She accepted and while it really wasn't out of my way I was thinking, "Oh I am going to be late getting to Lynden but Lord, you placed this woman in my path so I could help her and so please let things work out." Amazingly enough I made it all the way down the Guide on green lights and pulled into the fair grounds in Lynden at 5:31! The Lord is good when we don't pass up opportunities for service!
With the weather like it has been I just had to get out and go hiking somewhere this weekend. On Sabbath, after church, we went and ate lunch at a park with some friends and then mom and I took a 3hr. hike along Hayward Reservoir, up near Mission BC. The woods were gorgeous with living green like I haven't seen in years. The whole area smelled of warm earth and everything was blooming, all the little wild, woodsy things. We saw the biggest red headed wood pecker that I have ever seen as well as a couple of different types of ducks and a goose that flew back and forth over us. It was so quiet that you could hear it's wings pumping the air. We also heard a couple of owls talking back and forth and were surounded by a thunder storm on the way back. We never got wet as the storm went along the other side of the lake but we felt the wind as it came upon us and heard lots of thunder all around. It was quite incredible and I was so happy to be out in the woods. I am really looking forward to getting out a lot this summer. I am quite easy to please! Just give me a trail, some woods and a bit of running water here and there and I am happy. :-)
Saturday night I went back to the fair grounds to see if I could help with clean-up from the chess tournament and ended up spending the next three or so hours helping with garbage detail and hauling things around in my truck. Despite the few people that were there and how tired everyone was we got everything done that had to be done that night and I had a wonderful time. I have never hauled so much garbage in my life but I enjoyed every minute I was there (well, ok maybe not getting some unidentified substance poured down the back of my leg from a leaky bag but most everything else was fine!). It really is true that it doesn't always matter what you are doing, it's who you are with and how you look at it! We finished just when it started to rain around 11:30. Talk about good timing!!
Today I spent getting caught up on things that I have needed to do for a long time like polish my boots, finally get Casper's cart and harness over here and get the harness cleaned and polished, Mom and I put a bench for our entry way together, etc. I am so excited to finally get the cart and harness back from where they were stored because with this weather it's time to start driving him again. I plan on harnessing him up this week some evening, want to come??? I might even let you drive!
Hope you all had a great weekend too and an even better week. With God all things are possible. :-)

2 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, April 29, 2005 , Blogger Rachel said...

It sounds like a good weekend!

 
At 5:47 PM, April 30, 2005 , Blogger Crystal said...

Hey Rachel!
It was wonderful! Thanks for stopping by. I would love to know your blog address so e-mail it to me if you get the chance.
Are you still thinking of coming up this summer for a little while even??? I would love to have you.

Love you lots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home