Friday, April 15, 2005

Ponderings on Rain

Rain

Appreciated for its reviving qualities,
Blamed for depression.
Worshiped and prayed for as the giver of life,
Despised for its power.

It waters my spirit in a way no other form of nature can ever fathom.
My spirit feels dusty and dry without its cleansing drops.
The sounds defies description and connects me with serenity
As it swings me on a gentle hammock of familiarity.
To sing and frolic in the rain is a pleasure like none other,
It satisfies my inner child in a way nothing else can.
Drop by drop it gathers into rivers and seas.
After a rain the green things of the earth shine with a special hue,
Rain drops on roses are diamonds of infinite value.

The later rain, the former rain,
Holy Spirit revive us again and cause us to spring forth speedily.
Surrounded by showers of blessings,
I thank God today as the rain falls around me.

2 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, April 19, 2005 , Blogger Rebekah said...

Lovely! There is nothing like rain is there? It actually makes me happy, not depressed.

 
At 4:07 PM, April 19, 2005 , Blogger Crystal said...

Thanks Rebekah! Thanks for appreciating my feeble atempts at creative writing. Glad to know there are other rain aficionados out there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home