Sunday, July 24, 2005

What a week, what a day

Last week was one of the longest I can remember in a long time. It's been a long time since I had a week where I was out of the house by 8:30-9am at the lastest and then not back and in bed until at least midnight, sometimes later, every single night. It was completely crazy and by Friday I was quite exhausted. I am not a person that get's stressed out much I just get exhusted and begin to reach a point of meltdown and lack of function and I know it's time to slow down, take a nap and regroup. This point came for me and Friday and what a crazy day that was.

This week I have been working evening shift at a local nursing home as part of my practicum for the course I have taking and that meant we worked from 2-10:30pm. That went pretty well and we start our second week tomorrow. I have actually enjoyed it though I have had a few mishaps like the day I was changing at the office prior to going over there and realized that I only had one running shoe with me so I had to dash over to Fred Meyer's on my way to Highland and literally run in, buy the first pair of shoes that fit me, throw my sandles in the box, run up to the check-out, pay and run out to the car, and then resist the urge to speed. I am happy to report that I was only 4 min. late so I thought I did pretty good. Later in the day I was talking to one of the nurses and she had also had to do a mad dash to a different store on her way to work because she almost got to work in sandals so then I didn't feel quite so stupid!

Friday was a completely crazy day the likes of which I haven't had in a very long time.
I was up by 5:45 to be at Toast Masters by 6:30 to give a speech.
8-9am saw me sitting at Woods, drinking tea, trying to get a little rest before heading to work.
9:30-11:30 I was at work getting 100+ newsletters collated and ready for mailing.
I left work at 11:30 and realized I was much to tired to go home and deal with Nicki, drive to Mt. Baker and be any sort of company so from 11:45-12:30 I was napping at Starbucks.
When I got home I found, much to my delight, that Nicki had finally had gotten the things I had been after her all week to do done. We left for Mt. Baker around 1:15. On the way we passed a car accident but it didn't look like a fatality one for which we were thankful. We made it to the Heather Meadows Visitor's Center where we happened upon a very enjoyable flute concert, then we headed up to Artist Point, had a great hike up to the top of Table Mtn. and a safe drive home. On our hike we saw lots of wild flowers, a Ptarmigin, lots of wonderful cloud formations, I built a little rock tower and took lots of pictures.
We got home a little after six and I headed over to a friends house to work in his yard for a little while. On the way to Lyndend I was stopped by yet another car accident...I don't think I have ever seen two in one day before in this area.
I did that till about 8:30pm only to discover that I had left my lights on and wasn't going to leaving anywhere very quickly! I went to the neighbors house and asked for a little help which ended up entailing my car pushed up into their driveway and being hooked up to a battery charger for a while before it would even think of starting. The man was very nice and very chatty and I didn't get away from there till almost 9:45pm.
I thought for sure I would get home right away but not quite. As I was headed home I passed a friend on his bike and stopped to talk to him for a little while until after 10:30pm and finally got home about 10:45 or 11.
Bed finally came at 12:04am. In the end I was pretty thankful for that nap in Starbucks because I am sure I would have cried when I found my truck battery dead if I hadn't have had it! And that wouldn't have been a pretty scene!

I have no idea what this week will hold but I hope some days are not quite as action packed as last week's were.

Take care everyone and drive safely please!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home