Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend with Toddler

I had the privilage of spending the weekend with my god-daughter/"neice" who is a little over 2 and my what a weekend it was!
It was the first time I have spent that much time with her and the first time her folks had been gone for more than one night. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was a blast! For example you should try sleeping in a double bed with a wiggly toddler, a dog and 2 very large cats. There isn't a whole lot of room for anything else and that collection generates a lot of heat so trying to keep some semblance of constance in temperature throughout the night is virtually impossible! By the second night I had it down and hardly woke at all. And oh my do toddlers ever have a lot of energy! On Saturday we went to a park and Teagon ran and ran for about 2hrs. straight. She made me tired just watching her but she was having a blast and she slept well so it was well worth it. I taught her "If Your Happy and You Know it" on Sunday and it was hillarious watching her run around the living room, jumping up and down clapping her hands. She kept saying, "Happy, Happy, sing again, again!" When her parents got home she was happy to see them but she wasn't quite ready for me to leave until I had read a story to her a few more times and sang with her some more. At one point she wanted me to sing "Little Lamb" or "Merry" and I had no idea what she wanted. Then her mom got home and she made her request again. Her mother complide, breaking into, "Mary, had a little lamb..."! It hadn't even occurred to me that it could be Mary and NOT Merry. Sometimes I really need to think outside the box. LOL
There is nothing quite like snuggling with a little body, who is relaxed and content, little arms thrown around your neck and a binky held fast between little button lips. I think I could enjoy having a few of those myself sometime! I love toddlers, they are hillarious, exciting and the world is fresh through their eyes.
Teagon was absolutly wonderful all weekend. She behaved well the entire time and I will certainly look forward to the next time I get to spend time with her and take her out for a drive in "Aunties Truck".

2 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, October 20, 2006 , Blogger Kristi said...

ah ha! ah ha!
Nothing quite like that "mommy bug" is there!
She sounds adorable.

 
At 8:46 PM, October 20, 2006 , Blogger Crystal said...

How very true! Yes she is adorable and I have been trying to get blogger to let me post pics but it keeps not loading them right for some reason. I will keep trying so you can see a pic at some point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home