Sunday, August 27, 2006

Yikes...

For some reason I feel the need to regress and be a romantic school girl for a moment or too. Please bear with me as I share a fear I hold. I was doing some cleaning and sorting today and while I was engaged in this pursute I watched the Anne of Avonlee videos. As I watched I had two feelings: #1 I of course fleetingly pondered if there really was love out there like Gilberts or if it was just some wonderful fantsy. But the more important concern I had was regarding Miss Brook, the spinster principle of the girls acadeny where Anne goes to teach. It has occured to me in watching this and working with spinster nurses, that if my life leads me to pursue medician as either a nurse or doctor what does that mean? Will I too find myself as a lonely spinster woman unable to rise beyond my singleness? Today I would say with a resounding "No, I would never become like them. I wouldn't ever change from my contented state as I am now." but I wonder and I guess worry just a little that maybe I am not as contented or strong as I think I am. So please my dear friends if in the coming years you ever see me becoming like Miss Brook please, please bring me to a halt! I couldn't bear to think of myself becoming a sour faced old spinster with my hair pulled back, only finding fullfillment in issuing orders and being cross. It's not the spinster part that scares me it the persona that goes with it...Just commit to being my true friends who won't let me walk that path and I shall be content!

Alright, I am back to reality now! Much cleaning still to do so I will end for now!

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, August 27, 2006 , Blogger Kristi said...

Ah don't worry Crystal. I shall keep a good eye on you ;)
I can't picture you becoming that sort of person anyways. Just draw your peace and joy from the Lord and you can't go wrong no matter what happens

 
At 1:02 PM, September 03, 2006 , Blogger Crystal said...

Thank you Kristi! I will count on your friendship to help keep me inline!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home