Thursday, May 05, 2005

Lesson in humility

The following was sent to me by a co-worker who is not really religous but to whom I was doing a little bit of whining to one day. I wasn't really complaining but more expressing a certain amount to doubt about some situations that I am in at that moment. The future was looming larger than life and I was being a bit of a worry wart. She sent me this and I must admit I just sat at my desk and cried feeling completely humbled that she had to be the one to remind me of God's control when I, the Christian, should have been encouraging her. Amazing how sometimes it takes a shock to set me straight but I really appreciated this and hope it helps one of you too along the way. I think I will be making myself one of these boxes so I that I can physically put things in there...might help me remember to let go and let God a little more.

To: YOU
Date: TODAY
From: THE BOSS
Subject: YOURSELF
Reference: LIFE

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, May 07, 2005 , Blogger Rebekah said...

Oh Crystal--I'm so glad that God was able to use your non-religious co-worker for good in your life. He must be using you in hers. Go with God.

 
At 10:13 PM, May 07, 2005 , Blogger Crystal said...

Thanks Rebekah...I can only pray that somehow I am able to be a blessing for her. Somedays more than others, obvously!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home