Friday, September 30, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me! I Passed!

What a week it has been! I can't believe it's already Friday afternoon but lo and behold it is! Where did this week go??? I actually can't really remember everything. Talk about sleep deprivation. Every day for almost the last 2 weeks I have been leaving home between 6:30-9am and not coming home until 10:30-midnight. It has been so long since I was this tired but I have been so tired since about monday on that all I seem to be doing is thinking about sleep and wishing I could get some. I think working the full shift till almost midnight on Sunday sort of set me back and I just haven't been able to catch up. Hopefully this weekend and next week won't be so bad and I can get caught up a little. I just don't function too well on 5-6hrs. a night and it shows with all the stupid stuff I have been doing this week, like wearing my shirt inside out, putting stuff in strange places and falling asleep during videos during facility orientiation at one of my jobs...not a good thing!

But in a much more positive note let's see what happened this week? Monday and Tues. I worked at my day job, Weds. I had voice lesson, Tues. and Weds. I worked at the nursing home from 4:30pm-10:00pm or so and then yesterday was pretty busy as well. I was up by around 5 to be ready and in Lynden by 7am to take my state Nursing Assistant test. I passed that so I am now certified (now no comments from the peanut gallery about how you always knew I was certifiable!) Yipppeee! While I was taking my test I was informed that I needed to go to the nuring home for orientation so after the test I went over there where I got to sit through 6hrs. of orientation. After that I drove to Bellingham for a birthday dinner curtesy of my darling mother and then it was back to Lynden for a 2hr. meeting. Today I has an early morning meeting and then I had the privilage of going to the Washington State Alzheimer's Association Fall conference and it was a wonderful day. I learned a ton of great information that I will be able to use right away with both clients and families. I am happy to report that only one speaker was putting me to sleep so I went out to my truck and had a quick nap and I didn't miss much!

I work this weekend too but I really am hoping to get my pictures updated more so keep your fingers crossed!

4 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, September 30, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:40 PM, September 30, 2005 , Blogger hopeful said...

Did I tell you Happy Birthday? I think I did but I'm not sure! Hehe With me it's not sleep deprivation, it's just lack of "awareness." ;-)

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Please do try to get some sleep. After a while it gets worse than just wearing your shirt wrongside out! :-)

 
At 11:01 PM, October 04, 2005 , Blogger Kristi said...

CONGRATULATIONS CRYSTAL!
And Happy Birthday too! (sorry so late--I was late on Anna's as well :( )
Wow, you ARE a busy girl!

 
At 8:46 PM, October 09, 2005 , Blogger Crystal said...

Thanks Kristi! Don't worry about being late on the birthday wishes. You were busy with birthdays at your house too and I forgot to even send a note to Kelsey...shame on me. Please tell her I did think of her though. I think her's is the 28th right? How are you by the way? I hope to see you tomorrow at Choir.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home